The Autumn Box: A DREAM OF TRUTH AND BEAUTY
50 OF THESE BOXES WILL BE AVAILABLE ON AUGUST 3, 2020.
The year is 1848. The setting: Victorian London. A cloche of artists has formed, seeking to establish a new style of art-- one that hearkens back past the Renaissance masters and to the themes of earlier European art. Among its members: Dante Gabriel Rossetti, William Holman Hunt, and John Everett Millais. As the movement grows, it embraces gifted poets like Christina Rossetti, and attracts celebrated artists like Edward Burne-Jones, John William Waterhouse, and WIlliam Morris. Even its muses, like Lizzie Siddall, the subject of the celebrated "Ophelia," begin to contribute art to the movement.
Their art is intricate and lush, sensual and sacred. Embracing the natural world, it is filled with pouting tempresses, doomed lovers, and mystical sorceresses as they depict scenes not only from the Bible, but from antiquity, Shakespeare, and Arthuriana.
The items in this box are inspired by the spirit and works of the Pre-Raphaelites, who long ago dreamt of truth and beauty.
The box will feature:
- A full-sized perfume from Astrid Perfume. Entwined: Inspired by the wallpaper patterns of William Morris, this perfume is a lush blend of black currant, strawberry, raspberry, blackberry, blueberry, dried rose petals, twisted wood branches, soft violets, dusty lavender, Scottish shortbread, and English ivy.
- A full-sized eyeshadow duo from Crow & Pebble inspired by the works of John William Waterhouse and John Collier. Boreas: A deep eggplant shimmer eyeshadow with soft blue undertones. Priestess of Delphi: A great neutral with a twist, this shadow is a matte, warm terracotta base with a soft purple shimmer.
- An 8 oz candle tin by Sihaya & Company based on the quote by Edward Burne-Jones. Forms Divinely Beautiful: Carnation, sandalwood, amber, golden musk, and swirl of spice.
- A full-sized Moisturizing Lip Tint by Sihaya & Company based on the poetry of Christina Rossetti. Goblin Market: A dreamy russet with caramel undertones and flavored with dark red fruits.
- A 5x7" spiral journal featuring Proserpine by Dante Gabriel Rossetti.
- A decadent 4oz caramel bar from Virtuoso Confections in a delicious Autumnal spice flavor.
- A full sized jar of whipped sugar scrub from Willow Tree Co. Fairytale Rose: An ode to femininity, a declaration of love. Neroli leaves, papaya flower, geranium, gardenia, African dog rose, Turkish rose absolute, cashmeran, sandalwood, and light woods.
These boxes will be available from August 3rd, 2020, until the end of August or until all 50 sell out. Your box will be shipped mid-September.