Long have seers and soothsayers augured fortunes and given counsel from what they have found in dreams and trances. They use their nocturnal journeys as guides, traversing distant lands in search of hidden wisdom. The theme of this box pays homage to those mystics, and to the magic we find in our dreams.
Deconstructing Eden offered a 5ml perfume. Dream: Tonka bean butter, Bulgarian lavender, lavender maillette, chamomile, and helichrysum.
- Leccare Lollipops offered a trio of artisan lollipops (non-vegan) in the following flavors: Honey Cardamom, Blood Orange Ginger, and Peppered Plum.
- Luvmilk offered a 4oz, vegan sugar scrub. Dream Walker: Sun ripened apricot, creamy coconut milk, oak, cedar, and moss with a squeeze of citron. Please note that this is not the same scent as the Sihaya & Company candle of the same name.
- Nui Cobalt Designs offered a 20g vegan bath potion. Pathworking Bath Potion: A ritual bath to awaken your psychic senses and heighten your power. Angelica, frankincense, copal, calendula, and a gentle touch of jasmine in a homespun infusion of mugwort.
- Paintbox Soapworks offered a 6oz luxury vegan glycerin soap.The Distant Stars and the Violet Flame: Deep purple incense, crystalline violet, amber & sweet blackberry.
Sihaya & Company offered a 9oz glittering vegan candle.The Mystic's Dream: A blend for those seeking adventure and wonder behind the veil of slumber. Spicy cardamom, Bulgarian rose, soft cedar, warm vanilla, and a touch of pistachio under a swirl of smoke.
Sihaya & Company also offered a tube of Moisturizing Lip Color which is cruelty free but not vegan (as it contains beeswax). The Oneroi: A sheer wash of lavender-tinted mauve with delicate purple sparkles. Lavender Caramel flavor.
SPECIAL EDITION: MAIN STREET MAGIC
Do you miss us on Main Street Ellicott City? Because we miss you! Several businesses got together and brainstormed a way for you to get a little OEC love from the safety of your home. Until we see you again, the Main Street Magic box has you covered.
- A an at-home hair-refreshing kit from envy.salon. Deluxe samples of four Bb brand hair products, a nail file, and some envy swag!
- A deluxe sample 15ml hair oil from Gloss Hair Studio. This oil by Kevin Murphy is antioxidant rich to promote hair elasticity and shine!
- A unique pair of earrings from Made on Main. Each pair of handmade beaded earrings are fun to wear & made of nickel-free materials.
- A delicious 10g bag of loose-leaf herbal tea selected by Matcha Time Cafe.
- A bag of spring candies from Park Ridge Trading Co. You will receive either giant jelly beans, sunrise fruit slices, or pastel spring candy corn.
- A glittering 8oz candle tin by Sihaya & Company. Cheers to Main: Bubbly sweet peach prosecco and grapefruit bellinis garnished with sprigs of lavender. Let's toast when we meet again.
- A bag of artisan chocolate-covered fruit from Sweet Cascades Chocolatier. You will receive either kiwi, orange peel, or mango.
- A fun mini card game from Sweet Elizabeth Jane. After Dinner Amusements Question Cards are great conversation starters to help you share memories and make new ones. The tin includes 50 question cards.
SUMMER 2020: IN DARKWOODS WILD
Step into a forest of eternal twilight, where strange blooms form bramble labyrinths and moths flit from branch to branch. What magic will you find along its hidden paths?
- A 5ml extrait fragrance from Alkemia Perfumes. Forest Rose: A curious wandering into forested mystery - dark heirloom roses, arctic roseroot, Alaskan cypress, juniper berries, Sitka spruce, balsam pine needles, bracken ferns, green cedar tips, and luminous green amber.
- A 3.5 oz artisan soap by B. Perry Studios. River Rock: Cool water, tumbling over pebbles, infused with moss, green ferns, dark, wild honeycomb, hard oak, cedar, and pinewood, and fragrant tangles of honeysuckle.
- A 2 oz clay face mask by Balefire Apothecary. Blood Moon: This blood red herbal and clay mask will help revive tired cells back to their former glory. A mixture of powdered herbs, fruit enzymes and clay will aid in resurfacing your skin to let your beautiful skin shine. Features hibiscus flower, rosehip, noni fruit, safflower oil, and bentonite clay.
- A 1oz loose leaf tea by Dryad Tea. Darkest Wood: Into the darkest wood you go, stopping for sights and smells as you travel. Will you finish your quest or find yourself unwilling to leave? Oolong and chocolate notes layer with almond and the faintest hint of wood smoke and cinnamon. Black tea.
- A stunning pair of lunar earrings by Minxes Trinkets. Crescent moons, hand-antiqued to a verdigris patina, adorned with wire-wrapped smoky briolettes, and hung from surgical steel ear wires.
- A glittering 8oz candle tin from Sihaya & Company. In Darkwoods Wild: The intoxicating scent of a hidden wildwood. Blackberry, red currant sage, cedar, soft moss, and curling ferns.
AUTUMN 2020: A DREAM OF TRUTH AND BEAUTY
The year is 1848. The setting: Victorian London. A cloche of artists has formed, seeking to establish a new style of art-- one that hearkens back past the Renaissance masters and to the themes of earlier European art. Among its members: Dante Gabriel Rossetti, William Holman Hunt, and John Everett Millais. As the movement grows, it embraces gifted poets like Christina Rossetti, and attracts celebrated artists like Edward Burne-Jones, John William Waterhouse, and WIlliam Morris. Even its muses, like Lizzie Siddall, the subject of the celebrated "Ophelia," begin to contribute art to the movement.
Their art is intricate and lush, sensual and sacred. Embracing the natural world, it is filled with pouting tempresses, doomed lovers, and mystical sorceresses as they depict scenes not only from the Bible, but from antiquity, Shakespeare, and Arthuriana.
The items in this box are inspired by the spirit and works of the Pre-Raphaelites, who long ago dreamt of truth and beauty.
- A full-sized perfume from Astrid Perfume. Entwined: Inspired by the wallpaper patterns of William Morris, this perfume is a lush blend of black currant, strawberry, raspberry, blackberry, blueberry, dried rose petals, twisted wood branches, soft violets, dusty lavender, Scottish shortbread, and English ivy.
- A full-sized eyeshadow duo from Crow & Pebble inspired by the works of John William Waterhouse and John Collier. Boreas: A deep eggplant shimmer eyeshadow with soft blue undertones. Priestess of Delphi: A great neutral with a twist, this shadow is a matte, warm terracotta base with a soft purple shimmer.
- An 8 oz candle tin by Sihaya & Company based on the quote by Edward Burne-Jones. Forms Divinely Beautiful: Carnation, sandalwood, amber, golden musk, and swirl of spice.
- A full-sized Moisturizing Lip Tint by Sihaya & Company based on the poetry of Christina Rossetti. Goblin Market: A dreamy russet with caramel undertones and flavored with dark red fruits.
- A 5x7" spiral journal featuring Proserpine by Dante Gabriel Rossetti.
- A decadent 4oz caramel bar from Virtuoso Confections in a delicious Autumnal spice flavor.
- A full sized jar of whipped sugar scrub from Willow Tree Co. Fairytale Rose: An ode to femininity, a declaration of love. Neroli leaves, papaya flower, geranium, gardenia, African dog rose, Turkish rose absolute, cashmeran, sandalwood, and light woods.
HALLOWEEN 2020: SISTERHOOD OF THE MOON
The nights grow cold, apples fall from their trees, and every lane is bejeweled with flickering jack o' lanterns. The Sisterhood meets at dusk in the wood. Will you join us?
- A lotion stick to help you with your lucid dreaming from Cattail Apothecary. Visions of the Three-Eyed Raven: This convenient, on-the-go moisturizer features their signature blend of whole plant infused and essential oils that captures the magicks of mugwort, mullein, cinnamon, cedar, palo santo, clove, sandalwood and lavender. Use it during the day to treat dry skin, or apply to pressure points and third eye prior to ritual or sleep to promote vivid, lucid dreams and assist with astral projection and travel. Ingredients: Organic shea butter, organic cocoa butter, organic kokum butter, organic olive oil, organic apricot kernel oil, organic candelilla wax, organic beeswax, organic arrowroot powder, wildcrafted mugwort, wildcrafted mullein leaves and flowers, organic clove buds, garden grown lavender, organic cassia cinnamon, wildcrafted cedar, essential oil blend.
- A gorgeous campfire mug from Cryptostylis featuring their spooky limited-edition "Harvest" illustration.
- A packet of four distinctive skull-shaped sugar cubes by Dem Bones.
- An ounce of delectable black tea by Dryad Tea. Black Cats and Pointy Hats: All things autumn, mulled spices and apples. Delightful with honey and great to drink as crisp leaves fall from trees ready to sleep for the season.
- A spectacular bar of luxury glycerin soap by Paintbox Soapworks. The Clearing: Moonlit white patchouli falling on spicy dry leaves, heliotrope musk, & charred marshmallows.
- An 8oz candle tin of our signature Sihaya & Company scent. Sisterhood of the Moon: Gathered beneath the gibbous moon, we raise our arms to the sky. Come join us. Amber, crackling fires, woody oakmoss, and warm vanilla.
- A 6ml perfume oil from Sixteen92. When The Veil Is Thin: Autumn crocus, dusty frankincense, Balsam fir, smoked tonka, cold tree bark, blood red pomegranate, morning frost, brittle leaves.
- An enamel pin from The Pickety Witch to get you ready for your next seance featuring their popular "Oracle" design.
WINTER 2020: A TUDOR YULETIDE
Journey back in time to the celebration of Yuletide in Tudor England. A time of stolen kisses, revels led by the Lord of Misrule and his 'Lusty Guts,' traveling mummers, and lavish gifting, all culminating in the decadent feast of Twelfth Night.
- A signature cocoa butter body soap from B. Perry Studios. The Mirror of Naples: A winter breeze, a bitter touch of citrus peel, dry fig, mulberry, sharp, bright, facets, and a single, creamy pearl.
- A convenient solid lotion stick from Dreaming Tree Soapworks. Sparkling Pomander Wassail: Warm spple cider, mulled pomegranate wine, and bubbly winter citrus, spice, dressed with a sprig of evergreen.
- A sticker from Greenwood Creations based on one of her incredible pieces of pyrography art.
- A 5ml perfume oil from Nui Cobalt Designs. The Kissing Bough: An elaborate wreath suspended o'erhead invites embraces of love and goodwill. English ivy, mistletoe, oakwood, and fir are woven through with Tudor roses and the spiced steam of mince pyes.
- A bag of tea by Poesie Perfume. Tudor Rose: This addictive blend of chocolate and black tea is a guilt-free indulgence that will keep you coming back for more! Cocoa nibs, natural vanilla and cherry flavors combine with delicate rose petals for the perfect treat. Each bag contains 15+ single servings of loose leaf tea. Poesie teas are always hand-blended of the finest fair trade and organic ingredients with no artificial ingredients.
- An 8oz travel candle tin by Sihaya & Company. The Court In Splendour: Glad Tidings from the King! The scent of the Tudor court at Yuletide. A festive blend of bayberry and tart cranberry on a bed of warm balsam and spice.
- A 1/4 lb bag of peppermint bark from one of my favorite local chocolatiers, Sweet Cascades. Dark Chocolate with white chocolate swirled through with flavor of peppermint throughout, then topped with crushed candy cane.
- A pair of sparkling, shining earrings by Wyrding Studios. An exclusive for Sihaya & Co, these lightweight earrings feature shimmering red glass beads and Wyrding Studios’ signature wirework. They will bring light and warmth into even the darkest winter night. Sterling silver earwires.
All photos taken by The Redolent Mermaid and used with permission.